Pi Hacks 1: Latest Features That Would Improve Your Efficiency
Pi’s latest release is out today, and so are its amazing features. These exciting features are our endeavor to make you more efficient while using Pi for trading analysis. Please read through the blog to know the latest on Pi Hacks:
One of the most coveted features, Pre-defined workspace, is live now
Click on File -> Predefined Workspace -> NSE/BSE -> desired workspace such as Nifty Bank, Nifty Energy, etc> to load the related scrips automatically to your workspace. No need to waste your precious time over gathering scrips. If you want us to add more predefined workspaces; just add your suggestion in the comments section :-).
Chart fetching is now smoother and faster than ever before
A lot of optimization has been done in Pi to provide you a smoother experience with Charts. With the new protocol we have developed, retrieving charts have become more even and fast.
Opening charts is now as swift as it can get
Go to the ‘Chart’ column in the Market Watch, and double-click over any scrip. Intraday chart will surface immediately. No intermediate settings, no hassles! Happy using Charts in Pi!
Saved Charts are now reusable with auto-live functionality
Saving charts and loading them back have been for a while in Pi. However, saved charts were static in nature – dead like a picture. With the new release, they have become dynamic. Once loaded, the dead boy turns alive, and gets updated automatically.
With this enhancement, the efforts you make while analyzing charts will become reusable. All the indicators and drawings you enable in a Chart will apply automatically when you load the chart back in Pi. Save your charts, save your time!
Viewing charts get further customization
- ‘Default Templates’ under ‘User Chart Settings’ allows you to save three favorite templates, one of which can be enabled at a time. The selected template will apply automatically when you open any chart.
- Day separator and Pivot Points are now separate chart features. One or both of them can be enabled or disabled.
- The above two chart features, Cross-hair and Data Table can be enabled globally from the user settings, so they appear automatically every time a chart is opened. Further, any of these features can be disabled for a particular chart from the right-click menu.
Shortcuts keys get further usages
1. New shortcut keys to modify and cancel orders
Modify order – Shift + M
Cancel order – Shift + K
Cancel all orders – Shift + A
Exit order window – Shift + E
2. Order-related shortcut keys in Market Watch now available in Charts
Shortcuts for different order types (normal, cover, bracket and after-market orders) can now be called from Charts. This addition avoids the need of jumping between Market Watch and Charts window.
3. Home and End buttons to reach start and end of a chart
Keep your Pi up-to-date with update pop-ups
Get pop up messages when a Pi update is available.